We have been going out and asking people who have immigrated to the UK what their experience is. Many people have told us that you have to work much harder than you expected to make ends meet but there is so much to do and I had a very interesting conversation with someone from the Middle East last night about the UK attitude to authority. We were at a class and I corrected the teacher’s pronunciation of my name – I do it every week, he always gets it wrong but he said where he came from, you would never do that, you would just take the teacher’s pronunciation So, it made me think its not that we don’t know who is in charge but here we can be a little bit irreverent,more so than you can in some places.
Our most recent posts
- Some historical insights into the history of migration 29th July 2019
- Introduction to the Moving Matters Report by Karen Ang 17th July 2019
- Refugee Tales, July 2019 11th July 2019
- How I won my war by Charly Ngouh. A Book Review 29th April 2019
- Brexit and the Referendum Explained by Hannah Marshall 6th March 2019