Following our event at the Migration Museum, we thought it might be interesting to look back at some of what migrants have brought to this country over time. We have been very fortunate that a friend of TGIUK has given us this thought provoking piece about the Huguenots who came here as refugees and as a result of their arrival, the UK benefitted hugely e.g. they contributed to the development of a silk industry which has lasted for over three hundred years. We know that many migrants bring new insight, ideas and skills to the UK and may well be building new developments that will last just as long.
Our most recent posts
- Some historical insights into the history of migration 29th July 2019
- Introduction to the Moving Matters Report by Karen Ang 17th July 2019
- Refugee Tales, July 2019 11th July 2019
- How I won my war by Charly Ngouh. A Book Review 29th April 2019
- Brexit and the Referendum Explained by Hannah Marshall 6th March 2019