Following our event at the Migration Museum, we thought it might be interesting to look back at some of what migrants have brought to this country over time. We have been very fortunate that a friend of TGIUK has given us this thought provoking piece about the Huguenots who came here as refugees and as a result of their arrival, the UK benefitted hugely e.g. they contributed to the development of a silk industry which has lasted for over three hundred years. We know that many migrants bring new insight, ideas and skills to the UK and may well be building new developments that will last just as long.
Our most recent posts
- Parenting in another culture: wishing you a very happy Mother’s Day 21st March 2020
- A Poem to celebrate International Women’s Day 8th March 2020
- What kindness makes possible 6th March 2020
- Learning from Making Migration Work 27th February 2020
- Interview with the entrepreneur: Bayo Adelaja 13th February 2020