Following our event at the Migration Museum, we thought it might be interesting to look back at some of what migrants have brought to this country over time. We have been very fortunate that a friend of TGIUK has given us this thought provoking piece about the Huguenots who came here as refugees and as a result of their arrival, the UK benefitted hugely e.g. they contributed to the development of a silk industry which has lasted for over three hundred years. We know that many migrants bring new insight, ideas and skills to the UK and may well be building new developments that will last just as long.
Our most recent posts
- Belonging: the importance of faith based institutions to migrants 5th December 2019
- An interview with Brighton Table Tennis Club 28th November 2019
- Resilience: the ability to bounce back and move towards your goals: an interview with Charly Ngouh 21st November 2019
- Only Connect 14th November 2019
- The Five Steps To Mental Wellbeing 7th November 2019