Following our event at the Migration Museum, we thought it might be interesting to look back at some of what migrants have brought to this country over time. We have been very fortunate that a friend of TGIUK has given us this thought provoking piece about the Huguenots who came here as refugees and as a result of their arrival, the UK benefitted hugely e.g. they contributed to the development of a silk industry which has lasted for over three hundred years. We know that many migrants bring new insight, ideas and skills to the UK and may well be building new developments that will last just as long.
Our most recent posts
- The vital importance of social connection – an interview with TimePeace 16th January 2020
- New beginnings: Hannah’s story 9th January 2020
- End of Year Report for 2019 from TogetherintheUK 2nd January 2020
- Time for Reflection and wishing everyone well for 2020. 26th December 2019
- Making a new start – with the right support 17th December 2019