Following our event at the Migration Museum, we thought it might be interesting to look back at some of what migrants have brought to this country over time. We have been very fortunate that a friend of TGIUK has given us this thought provoking piece about the Huguenots who came here as refugees and as a result of their arrival, the UK benefitted hugely e.g. they contributed to the development of a silk industry which has lasted for over three hundred years. We know that many migrants bring new insight, ideas and skills to the UK and may well be building new developments that will last just as long.
Our most recent posts
- Redundancy – an occupational hazard – Willem’s story. 17th October 2019
- Learning English helps you find a job: Katana’ story 4th October 2019
- Living and studying in Aberysytwyth 26th September 2019
- Year 8 and the new marking system 12th September 2019
- Reflections on the first year at secondary school 5th September 2019