We have been going out and asking people who have immigrated to the UK what their experience is. Many people have told us that you have to work much harder than you expected to make ends meet but there is so much to do and I had a very interesting conversation with someone from the Middle East last night about the UK attitude to authority. We were at a class and I corrected the teacher’s pronunciation of my name – I do it every week, he always gets it wrong but he said where he came from, you would never do that, you would just take the teacher’s pronunciation So, it made me think its not that we don’t know who is in charge but here we can be a little bit irreverent,more so than you can in some places.
Our most recent posts
- Only Connect 14th November 2019
- The Five Steps To Mental Wellbeing 7th November 2019
- The lowdown on accelerator programmes 1st November 2019
- A brief history of employment rights – focussing on Equality Law 24th October 2019
- Redundancy – an occupational hazard – Willem’s story. 17th October 2019