We have been going out and asking people who have immigrated to the UK what their experience is. Many people have told us that you have to work much harder than you expected to make ends meet but there is so much to do and I had a very interesting conversation with someone from the Middle East last night about the UK attitude to authority. We were at a class and I corrected the teacher’s pronunciation of my name – I do it every week, he always gets it wrong but he said where he came from, you would never do that, you would just take the teacher’s pronunciation So, it made me think its not that we don’t know who is in charge but here we can be a little bit irreverent,more so than you can in some places.
Our most recent posts
- The vital importance of social connection – an interview with TimePeace 16th January 2020
- New beginnings: Hannah’s story 9th January 2020
- End of Year Report for 2019 from TogetherintheUK 2nd January 2020
- Time for Reflection and wishing everyone well for 2020. 26th December 2019
- Making a new start – with the right support 17th December 2019