Discussing the difference between careers in France and Spain, I learnt that in the UK, you are far more likely to get fired but in 6 months time, you will have another job and you might be doing something different. The French and Spanish people told me that in their countries, you choose your career at the beginning of your worklife and that is what you stick with whereas in the UK, you might find you have several different careers.
Our most recent posts
- Redundancy – an occupational hazard – Willem’s story. 17th October 2019
- Learning English helps you find a job: Katana’ story 4th October 2019
- Living and studying in Aberysytwyth 26th September 2019
- Year 8 and the new marking system 12th September 2019
- Reflections on the first year at secondary school 5th September 2019