In the UK, we say hello and then we say how are you? The response is fine unless it is a close friend who asks you in a particular way and you know they really want to know. A Spanish friend has instructed her mum that when she comes here she is to say fine and not to list all her ailments. A Polish person told me that she tried for a week at work to give real answers to the question to see if they really wanted to know. They didn’t.
Our most recent posts
- Belonging: the importance of faith based institutions to migrants 5th December 2019
- An interview with Brighton Table Tennis Club 28th November 2019
- Resilience: the ability to bounce back and move towards your goals: an interview with Charly Ngouh 21st November 2019
- Only Connect 14th November 2019
- The Five Steps To Mental Wellbeing 7th November 2019