In the UK, we say hello and then we say how are you? The response is fine unless it is a close friend who asks you in a particular way and you know they really want to know. A Spanish friend has instructed her mum that when she comes here she is to say fine and not to list all her ailments. A Polish person told me that she tried for a week at work to give real answers to the question to see if they really wanted to know. They didn’t.
Our most recent posts
- New Beginnings 21st January 2020
- The vital importance of social connection – an interview with TimePeace 16th January 2020
- New beginnings: Hannah’s story 9th January 2020
- End of Year Report for 2019 from TogetherintheUK 2nd January 2020
- Time for Reflection and wishing everyone well for 2020. 26th December 2019